Every region in Scotland has a Third Sector Interface (TSI). TSI’s provide a single point of access for support and advice for the third sector within the local area.
A TSI is independent from the Scottish Government, but is funded by the government to deliver the following four areas of activity across the whole local authority area:
- Volunteering development
- Social enterprise development
- Supporting and developing a strong third sector
- Building the third sector relationship with community planning
Dundee TSI is a partnership interface between Dundee Social Enterprise Network, Dundee Voluntary Action and Volunteer Dundee.
The Dundee TSI exists to fulfil the following purpose:
- To build and enable resilient, sustainable and inclusive communities in Dundee, working with people, civil society and organisations to build social capital.
- To work together effectively to maximise resources that will help deliver thriving, sustainable and inclusive communities in Dundee through voluntary/social action, volunteering and social enterprise.
- To ensure the Third Sector is a key partner in Community Planning.